Thursday, May 1

May We Be Happy, Peaceful, and Light

A longtime family friend, Susan, wrote me a wonderful e-mail about the project, saying:

"....I thought of the metta prayer when I read your premise. It is the buddhist mantra of loving kindness and it begins with loving yourself. The mantra is repeated as you direct it to other beings, some you know and others you may not, some human, some animal. it's a practice. but it begins with love and kindness for you. so I would love to add it to your experience...

May I be happy, peaceful and light.
May I be safe from injury.
May I be free from anger and fear, afflictions and anxieties.
May I look upon myself with understanding and love.
May I touch the seeds of joy in me.
May I learn to recognize the source of delusion in me."

Considering the tone of my last couple entries, I'm thinking it's time to start owning this mantra.



Another wonderful photo from Leslie Sakal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Irina.
Thank you, Susan.
Thank you, Leslie.